Who we are
Casas do Durão is a tourism project that aims to show you all cultural and historical heritage that the main house, from the XVIII century, has.
The memory of the family members who lived there for 3 generations is honored, keeping an immense estate of agricultural implements, personal objects or the tools used in one of the arts exercised by the grandfather "Avô Quim" - the Carpenter.
He was the responsible part of the history of this house, which is confused with his own life story.
Casas do Durão is located in an inland village with privileged location due to its excellent accesses: crossed by the national road EN 16 and 1 km from the A25 motorway that links Vilar Formoso to Aveiro.
Because we are close to inner largest cities: Guarda, Covilhã, Viseu or even Aveiro , starting from Lajeosa do Mondego we can plan several destinations according to your interest. We are in Serra da Estrela Natural Park with access to the mountain either by Seia or Gouveia. We are surrounded by some of the main Historical Villages, highlighting Linhares da Beira, Marialva, Castelo Rodrigo, Sabugal, Sortelha and Almeida.
As typical houses of Beira Alta carry so much history, so many customs and traditions of the inland villages, our objectives and our mission are perfectly defined in the following items:
- Stimulate the tourism in communities in inland Portugal;
- Provide visitors with rest, comfort and history;
- Cooperate and contribute to local and regional sustainability;
- Provide a personalized service of quality;
- Provide an authentic, natural, helpful and attentive service.
We believed that economic, social and environmental future depends on small alterations in our everyday lives, Casas do Durão are in certification process for Biosphere, entity supported by United Nations and UNESCO.
- Guarda Municipality organized one more year the Iberian Tourism Fair, where Casas do Durão marked presence again....Read more
- Guarda delegation of the insurance company Allianz organized a lunch in Casas do Durão, with the purpose of presenting a typical cake of Castro Daire, Bolo Podre....Read more
- For the second year in a row, Casas do Durão organized the olive harvest. A weekend full of fun but also cultural. Sunday we discovered Linhares da Beira in a tour included in the program Explorer 3.0, with the company...Read more